King Shaka International Airport offers state-of-the-art airfreight handling facilities. The Airport was completed in May 2010 ahead of the FIFA World Cup. Mazista in conjunction with Durban Tiling Services, were in involved throughout the project phases. The passenger terminal building incorporated the latest design concepts to make passenger movement from arrival to departure as smooth and pleasant as possible.
The project scope also included:
- Terminal Building
- Screed all floors and walls
- Design, supply and install all vanities
- Multi story parking – foyers and toilets
- Terminal Arrivals
- 25 000m² porcelain floor and wall tiling with Pamesa Tiles from Duratile
- Granite cladding to columns
- Granite features – including stainless steel inlays.
- ACSA offices
- Ancillary Buildings – 12 in total
- This was the enterprise development and skills development part of the project.
- Duratile Tiling Services took 2 PDI sub contractors and train them to become self-sustaining tiling contractors
- Entrance Feature Wall – R1.0m
- 2200m² of Rich Autumn Strip walling